- 1 kg zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into dice
- ½ cup of tea spear mint leaves, finely chopped
- 40ml Aigli olive oil
- 1 tbsp paprika flakes
- 1 tbsp oregano dry, grated
- 150g self-rising flour
- 2 eggs, separate the yolks from the whites
- ½ teacup kasseri (yellow) cheese, grated
- Salt, pepper
1. Preheat the oven at 180ο C. Place zucchini and onion in a bowl and add olive oil Aigli, salt, pepper, paprika and oregano. Stir until well blended. Grease a baking pan with olive oil and put the mixture in a single layer. Bake for 30’. Remove the baking pan from the oven and strain the mixture into a bowl to get its juices released while it was cooking.
2. In another large bowl, sift the flour, make a puddle in the center and add the slightly beaten egg yolks and 7-8 tbsp from the liquid which had previously been drained. In case of not getting any liquid during baking, then add 7-8 tbsp milk. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir until a thick batter is formed. If the mixture is too watery, add a little flour.
3. Combine the batter with zucchini, onion and spear mint. Beat the egg whites with a fork until they become foamy and incorporate gently into the mixture. Heat Aigli olive oil over medium-high heat in a heavy bottom skillet. Gradually, spoonful by spoonful add the mixture. Fry each side for 2 ‘. Leave them on absorbent paper to drain and serve them with tomato salad, “Sparta” capers and caper leaves.